Accredited Practicing Dietitian
PhD (Med), MDiet, GradCertHumNut, BSc Biochem (Hons)
To make appointments please call 95328001 or 0418242060 or www.health-is-here.com.
Maryam is an accredited dietitian and member of the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) and Diabetes Australia.
Her qualifications include:
• PhD in Medicine, Melbourne University
• Master of Dietetics, Monash University
• Graduate Certificate of Human Nutrition, Deakin University
• Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Manchester (U.K)
Maryam’s passion for nutrition and its link with chronic diseases was the motivating factor for choosing her career in medical research and later in dietetic practice. She has numerous publications including a book, been employed by major Melbourne based hospitals, as well as being involved in tertiary education throughout her career.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Maryam focusses on the prevention and support of chronic disease:
• Diabetes management (including carbohydrate counting)
• Heart disease (high cholesterol and blood pressure)
• Bone health (arthritis, osteoporosis)
• Gastrointestinal disorders (stomach, bowel)
• Cancer management
• Healthy eating (intuitive/mindful eating and a non-diet approach)
• Weight management
• Adolescents health and aged care
Maryam also has a good understanding of Persian culture and can consult any Farsi speaking clients.